Tuesday, September 14, 2010

So You Wish You Could Dance

For today's installment of "So You Wish You Could Dance," I am digging into the archives for one of my favorite ballet videos: a music video for Herbert Groenemeyer starring Polina Semionova.  Even though I don't understand a single word of German, I can tell you that the song is uber-cheesy.  But Polina . . . she's breathtaking.



And because I love rehearsal, backstage, and class videos, here's a bonus of Polina rehearsing "La Bayadere" with Vladimir Malakhov.  If you don't watch it for her dancing, watch it for Malakhov's awesome Smurf prison jumpsuit.



Off to sew ribbons on my new pointe shoes that just arrived!

3 comments:

Miss Hot Wings September 15, 2010 at 9:42 AM  

Just Stunning! I love these videos.

Katie September 18, 2010 at 10:30 PM  

Sigh....this makes me want to be a ballerina. Badly.

Busylizzy111 September 22, 2010 at 3:58 PM  

I am not a fan of german music, but I can assure you that Grönemeyer is not cheesy. In fact, he wrote the music for "the american". Pretty talented guy.
The video is just breathtaking.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Doubly Happy on Facebook

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP