Posting has been light this weekend because of Yom Kippur. Well, actually, because I was too fixated on my adorable niece who was visiting to attend to anything else. And so I'm a bit late in offering a thank you to those of you who came to my rescue with ideas about what to serve at our mostly vegetarian break the fast party.
Ultimately, we ended up with a full and pretty darn good (if I do say so myself!) buffet:
- Squash and potato frittata
- Pepper and broccoli frittata
- Vegetable tian
- Mini bagels and lox
- Aunt Cheryl's amazing blintz souffle (more on that in a later post) with berry salad
- Praline noodle kugel
- Compost cookies
- Honey spice muffins (basically a drier version of my go-to recipe for honey cake)
- Honey challah from Cheryl Ann's Bakery
I hope you had a lovely weekend. And for our Jewish friends, an easy fast. L'shana tova.