Monday, March 22, 2010

Pity the Foo

During my Liberty splurge at Target last week, I also picked up a pair of sunshiney foo dog bookends.


I'd been eyeing the "fu dog bookends" at CB2, but I didn't love their red, red color and their mean, mean faces.  

Image Source: CB2

Sure, foo dogs ("foo" is Chinese for "lion") are supposed to be the ferocious guardians at the gate.  Still, I was hoping to find ones that were lions on the outside, but darling cubs on the inside.


Sort of like these foo dogs.

Pity the foos that rumble with these two.

In addition to the sweeter demeanor of the Target foos (love the cock of the head -- they look just like Jellyby when she's trying to be cute), another thing I love about them is that they were around $24 -- almost half the price of their CB2 friends.

Unfortunately, they're not online yet, so if you want to adopt ones of your own, you'll have to get to your local Target.  And while you're there, you can still pick up some Liberty goodies.  I was making some returns to the Watertown, MA, Target today, and they still had a bunch of the stuff, including most of the clothing and stationery, a few of the delightful gardening tool sets, and some of the kitchenware, including the canisters.

Get thee to a Target immediately!

UPDATE: The Target foo dogs are now available online here.

1 comments:

brooke @ claremont road March 27, 2010 at 7:05 PM  

I love these! I'm also very into yellow lately... blurg. Must. Stay away. From Target. They already have too much of my money.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Doubly Happy on Facebook

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP