Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I think I might have lost it . . .

I just bought these Vivienne Westwood shoes from Gilt Groupe:

Image Source: Gilt Groupe

Aesthetically, they're kind of sweet.  I dig the contrast between the hot three-inch heel and the demure, lady-like bow.

But they are made out of RUBBER.

I know.  It horrifies me too.

I mean, are they cheap and fugly like an amateur dominatrix?  Or are they a little provocative, a little campy, like Dita or GaGa?

Or do they appeal to me because of pure nostalgia for the jelly shoes of my youth?

Image Source: In the 90s (not aptly named, since I'm pretty sure I had these in the 80s)

Yikes.  What did I just do?

4 comments:

nellie March 9, 2010 at 12:53 PM  

I have the pair with the hearts on front and they look and fit great! Lots of fun to wear! They look great with skinny jeans. I also just ordered a pair of Melissa flats from the same sale. Can't wait!

Mrs. Hot Cocoa March 9, 2010 at 1:06 PM  

Whew. Ok, I'm so glad you said this. Are they comfortable? And stable?

Nellie March 9, 2010 at 1:24 PM  

I've got some in flats and love them! They don't have the heels but are super comfortable, nothing like the childhood ones. Let us know how your's are though.

michelle @ blissful musings March 10, 2010 at 3:16 PM  

I think they are kind of awesome. Now I want some.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Doubly Happy on Facebook

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP