Sunday, March 14, 2010

Liberty of London for Target

It's 8:30 am (really 7:30 am, since daylight savings ended last night) on a Sunday morning, there's a crazy, torrential downpour outside, and what was I, along with a bunch of similarly loopy people doing?


We were at Target, loading up our carts with Liberty of London stuff as fast as the beleaguered staff were unloading them.  See that yellow file box in my cart?  I literally reached into a half-unpacked pallet to grab it.

I'm not proud.  Not proud at all.

But I was definitely not the zaniest or fastest of the Libertyphiles.  I met three ladies who had been standing in rain -- rain that was coming down diagonally and in sheets -- since 7 am (one hour before the store even opened).

Despite not arriving until 8:30, through some strategic shopping and swift cart navigation, I got myself some awesomeness, including:

"Dunclare Black" Dining Collection

We often have little visitors over for dinner, and this melamine and acrylic set is perfect for adorable but clumsy hands.

"Maynard Canisters"

I ordered these canisters online.  They don't quite go with the decor in our kitchen, but if I can't make it work there, I'll use them in my study to store craft supplies.

Watering Can (not available online)
After stalking the poor guy unloading the Liberty garden items, I got my hands on a sweet watering can, matching gloves, and a sunhat.  I also scored two potters (three originally, but -- single tear falls down my face -- the cashier broke one).

Pink Dunclare Print Ruffled Neck Top

At $19.99, this blouse was a steal, and I could see myself rocking it with a pencil skirt and some sexy secretary Mary Janes.

Since there were about ten of us lunatics hovering around the store, raiding half-unpacked boxes for Liberty items, I put a lot more in my cart than I would have -- should have -- if I had been calm and sane. I brought home a few things that I'll be returning shortly:

One-Shouldered Dress

I was too lazy to try this on at the store, and so I didn't realize its mumu-ness until it was too late.  I looked like I was a little girl playing dress-up in my mom's prom dress -- the prom dress she rejected because grandma made it out of her stained polyester curtains.  It probably would be adorable on someone taller and thinner, but alas, I gotta work with the Oompa Loompa build I got.

Organization Boxes

I took home a few of these boxes, thinking they might work well in our walk-in closet.  But I think they might end up taking up more room than we can afford to give up.  So these, along with the afore-depicted file box, are going back to the store.  I'm keeping, though, the tres chic clipboard, binders, and notepads I found (not available online).

Liberty Picture Frames

I'll also be returning some of the frames I purchased.  They're sweet, but I really don't need them or even have a place for them.

And then there were items that were not to be for other reasons:

Garla Ladies Cruiser

Oh how this lovely cruiser makes me dream of warm days, biking around our local pond, breeze running through my hair, picnic basket looped over my arm!  But at almost $200, I just can't justify it.  It also helped that they didn't have it at the store.  I don't know if I could have resisted if a dozen other sharks shoppers were circling.

Decorative Pillow

They had a number of gorgeous throw pillows, which have a graphic fabric on one side and luscious velvet on the other.  But it seems like the Target I was at only got one of each pillow, and my reflexes were too slow to win in a game of grab-the-goodies against a woman who had the dexterity of a ninja.

Toddler Bathing Suit

If only I had an adorable little girl, who wanted to frolic in her kiddie pool all summer in this sassy little bikini . . . . The adult swimwear collection was cute, but nowhere near as fabulous as the kids' version. Unfortunately, I don't fit in the kids' version, so no swimsuit for me.

I suppose I should be glad that these items were not to be since I already spent way too much money on the goodies I purchased.  Sure, these items were super cheap compared to merchandise from Liberty's non-Target lines.  But $9.99 here, $3.99 there really adds up.

Did you get your hands on any Liberty of London merchandise?  Which items are your favorites?

Update: One of my fellow early shoppers this morning was the blogger behind Style Carrot, a blog I was recently found via Boston Magazine. You can read her take on the Liberty shopping spree (with lots of photos) here.

She even took a photo of my ridiculously overflowing cart!

Image Courtesy of Style Carrot

10 comments:

Darwin March 14, 2010 at 3:31 PM  

I'm so loving all of your purchases!

StyleCarrot March 14, 2010 at 7:07 PM  

Hi! Thanks for linking to my blog... I'll add a link to my story too. Are you the girl I met at Target this morning? If you are, I can send you a photo of your cart :) I spent WAY too much $ too.

Mrs. Hot Cocoa March 14, 2010 at 7:13 PM  

@ Sugarpond: The kitchen stuff was fabulous. I can't wait to get those canisters; they're going to make baking that much more fun.

@ StyleCarrot: Yes! That was me who recognized your blog. I've been a fan since reading about it in the Boston Home issue.

michelle @ blissful musings March 15, 2010 at 1:35 PM  

Love all the fun stuff! I'm jealous! I didn't make it to Target yesterday and they didn't have anything out on Saturday when I was there. Hopefully they replenish so I can go grab some of these lovely things.

Micah and Catherine March 15, 2010 at 4:31 PM  

Thanks for the reminder. seriously, if you hadn't posted this, I would have totally forgotten about it. My bowls shipped today. Yipee!!

Anonymous,  March 15, 2010 at 6:36 PM  

Where did you get the yellow foo dogs?

Mrs. Hot Cocoa March 15, 2010 at 11:35 PM  

@ michelle: What were you hoping to get? There are still a few items available online, esp. clothing. And I definitely think there will be returns coming in.

@ M and C: I can't wait to see your bowls. I got the prep bowls online too, because they were so pretty. I hope they're as nice in person.

@ anonymous: The Foo dogs were an unexpected find in the decor aisle (and were around $24, cheaper than the CB2 ones). They only come in yellow though. I just looked online and they're not there yet, but check out your local store. I'll try to post a photo of them tomorrow, so you can have a photo to take to the store.

Jessica March 16, 2010 at 12:42 PM  

Due to the time change throwing me off kilter, the sale completely slipped my mind.

By the time I went online to see what was left (cause a trip to the local Target on a Sunday afternoon is totally not an option) there was nothing but scraps. Even the option to check the inventory of local stores was coming up short. Boo.

Brittany November 3, 2010 at 2:32 PM  

Please let me know if you're interested in selling your file box or any other sixty print stuff :)

Thanks!

Mrs. Hot Cocoa November 4, 2010 at 10:02 PM  

@ Britney: I returned the file folders, but I have a few picture frames if you're interested. Oh, and I have two plant pots too, but I think those would be hard to ship.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Doubly Happy on Facebook

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP