Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My not so itsy bitsy, teeny weeny polka-dotted bikini

Now that I'm in my thirties, I think I have to be okay with the fact that I'm just not going to squeeze into the swimsuits of my twenties.

Instead, I've expanded into the swimsuits of the Fifties.

Image source
And it's been the best decision ever.

Image source

In a burst of retro enthusiasm, I bought two Esther Williams swimsuits: a one-piece red and white polka-dotted number (like the one pictured above) and a two-piece with a saucy cherries print.

Image source
I ordered the suits from the Esther Williams website, and they took almost two months to arrive (!),* but arrive they did, and I have to say they're pretty hot.

Both the bikini and one-piece versions have a hidden elastic panel and cute ruching to hold in and camouflage any lumps and bumps (not sayin' I have any, but you know . . .). And the halter-like design on top is super flattering.

So now I can go to the beach feeling more like a pin-up girl than a sausage.  And I don't have to do a billion crunches before I can go to the beach.

Which means I can go eat more of the delicious biscuits I made today.

Gotta go.

* Unless you really want the cherries print (or enjoy waiting weeks for a small piece of cloth to arrive in the mail), I'd suggest ordering the suits from Modcloth rather than the Esther Williams website.

2 comments:

Christiana (US meets UK) July 6, 2010 at 3:23 PM  

What a cute bikini, I love the long red/white one! I picked up a bandeau tankini from target and it's my first summer without tan lines! At least, strap tan lines.... Long live biscuits.

Mrs. Hot Cocoa July 6, 2010 at 9:52 PM  

@ Christiana: I saw a few at Target that were so adorable, including the Liberty swimsuits they had a while back. For some reason, I can never motivate to try on clothes at Target though . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Doubly Happy on Facebook

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP