Monday, August 30, 2010

Living Room Eclectic (on TV!)

Just caught Secrets From a Stylist, the new show from Emily Henderson of Design Star and the Brass Petal blog, and I have to say that I adore the living room she designed.  Of course, she had a gorgeous space to work with -- I'd take those built-in bookcases to dinner, buy them roses, and take them home to meet my mom -- but her eclectic, warm, and quirky style totally makes the room.  (I will even excuse her for that god-awful set of antlers mounted to the bookshelf.  And you know how I feel about animal heads and antlers.)

Image Source

Emily's design gives me much-needed courage to try out some of my crazy ideas for our living room.  I mean, if she can make "FDR chic," "British mod," and "Backpacker" work together so beautifully, I might have a chance of melding mid-century modern, rustic, and chinoiserie, right?  (Then again, I have neither a hot carpenter, an industrious seamstress, nor a team of painters who don't seem at all pissed off to have to paint and repaint the bookshelves over and over again.)

Image Source
Anyhoo, I'm just curious: if you had to pick three terms to describe your design aesthetic or style, what would they be?

1 comments:

Nodakademic August 30, 2010 at 11:49 PM  

That is a gorgeous room! (She can keep the antlers though.)

I think our style would be...

turn-of-the-century/traditional
meets
cheapo college-student throwbacks
meets
thrifted retro flair

I don't necessarily hope that's always our style, but it describes most of our decor pretty well at the moment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget

Doubly Happy on Facebook

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP