Tuesday, April 13, 2010

B is for . . .

In May, I'll be co-hosting a co-ed baby shower to celebrate the imminent arrival of bridesmaid B's daughter, who we've nicknamed Lil' B.

Image Source
Naturally, a bee-themed shower is in the works.  But if Lil' B is anything like her mom, no literal black and yellow bee theme would do.  I'm thinking something along the lines of a sophisticated palette of yellow, gray, and white.

Image Source





 Images source
The gray and yellow palette of this shower is exactly the look I'm envisioning for Lil' B's party.  And I love the use of the graphic gray and yellow runner on the table; I'm going to search paper and fabric stores for a similar print for the runner and for cute flag garlands and circle mobiles.






Image Source
I've been searching for the adorable honeycomb paper above: not only are the popcorn cones too adorable not to replicate, the honeycomb pattern is a chic way of incorporating the bee theme without being too bee-zy.


Image source
I adore these bumblebee sugar decorations.  They'd be so sweet on cupcakes or stuck on the rim of a martini glass.

Image: MadebyGirl
This fab gray LOVE print would make a perfect focal point for the shower decor.  And since Lil' B is getting a fuschia, indigo, and gray nursery, the print can do double duty afterward as nursery decor too.

Image: Sweetbeets
But this letterpress alphabet card would be just as lovely framed, no?

So many ideas!  Oh how I love party planning!  If only I could do this for a living . . . .

3 comments:

Miss Hot Wings April 13, 2010 at 5:53 PM  

aww.. so refreshing. This reminds me that I don't have to incorporate every theme into my wedding. There will be other events. I'm loving these inspirations!

Anonymous,  April 15, 2010 at 2:30 PM  

Thanks so much for sharing my letterpress alphabet card on your blog! I'm delighted to hear that you like it. :)

I love all your bee party inspiration. I'll have to check back for photos of the baby shower (I hope you do a follow up post!) as I'd love to link to it for my bee party ideas page on my website. Happy party planning!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Doubly Happy on Facebook

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP