Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Behind the Lens: Jamaica Plain Portrait Shoot, Part II

This weekend, I also dragged the very lovely G from Cambridge to my neighborhood for my Jamaica Pond shoot.


Unlike me, who wouldn't voluntarily go hiking any place except for the mall, G is an up-for-anything nature girl.  She just got back from a two-day kayaking trip down the Mississippi River to benefit the Friends of the Mississippi.


Since she's a bona fide tree-hugger (she went to Forestry School after all), it seemed only natural -- no pun intended -- to shoot her frolicking amongst our urban forest.


But this nature girl is capable of some spectacular ANTM-style modeling as well.  Check out that full-on Tyra pose she's rocking standing on the rowboat (appropriately named Queen "B") below.


Our photo session took place on a dark and cloudy day, so I didn't quite catch the "magic hour" light I'd been hoping for.  But I love how the photos turned out, and I'm excited to keep learning how to work with light, posing, and composition.

Thanks for coming along with me on this educational journey!

1 comments:

lavenderpug August 10, 2011 at 8:48 AM  

she's wearing such a great outfit! i love the last one where she's looking back and smiling/laughing. if that were me, i would blow it up to wall mural size and put it up in my home, just to admire myself.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget

Doubly Happy on Facebook

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP