My sister loves escargot. Me? I'm not so into snails. But I do love the luscious butter and garlic they get cooked in. So when I ran into this recipe in Gourmet for Escargot-Style Roasted Mushrooms, I knew it'd be magical.
It's also super fast and easy. In about half an hour, your house will smell like a high-class French restaurant. All you need is a crusty baguette, a bottle of wine, and a fake accent, and you'll be transported.
- 1 lb mushrooms such as cremini or white, halved lengthwise if large
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley